Busy, busy, busy.
Busy in a good way.
It’s filled with activities of the most enjoyable varieties, like Wednesday cocktails or 10pm water slides with friends.
It’s less full of un-fun busy things like say, going to the DMV or trips to the dentist. Those things should be reserved for entirely less-summery times, when life cools down.
Summer’s busy means it’s time for easy, throw-it-together, fresh fruit desserts on the back porch. It means sitting on the porch, with drinks, concerts in the park, baseball games and dollar beer nights.
Yes, totally time for that.
1 (1/2 package) frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup ground pistachios
1/4 cup honey
1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy whipped cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 pint strawberries, stems removed and cut in half vertically
1/3 cup chopped pistachios (the original recipe is a bit unclear about how much, but I'm estimating that 1/3 cup is totally sufficient here; add more, if you'd like)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Unfold and roll the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Place the pastry sheet onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Allow the pastry to cool on the baking sheet
4. While the puff pastry is baking, prepare the two different creams.
5. Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, pistachios, and honey until well combined. Set aside.
6. In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar with an electric beater until firm peaks form.
7. Evenly spread the pistachio cream layer over the pastry followed by a layer of the whipped cream.
8. Arrange the cut strawberries with the tips pointing up in layers of circles, starting with the outer one, making your way in.
9. Sprinkle the tart with the chopped pistachios.
10. Serve immediately.